Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Big Week

I will warn you...there are a lot of pictures and videos in this post! I admit I got a little bit carried away this week :) I just couldn't help myself :)
-
Jackson having fun with tummy time!
Because of month end close, Walt had to work late this week and on Saturday. So Jackson and I met him for lunch on Friday. It was a beautiful day! We grabbed some sandwiches and ate in a park downtown. Jackson loved getting to see his Daddy!Jackson has not rolled over from his stomach to his back since around week 12 and he only occasionally rolls over from his back to his stomach. He really just isn't that interested. What he is interested in doing is sitting up. So most of the time if you lay him on his back, he does these mini-crunches and grunts.
Chilling out
-
As mentioned above, Jackson wants to be sitting up. So I have started propping him up in his boppy pillow and that seems to make him happier.
Playing with the caterpillar
More tummy time...
-
I just loved his facial expression
Having fun playing with the toy Nonni & Papa got him
Jackson can push up with his arms, but usually he ends up doing this. Guess that is why he hasn't rolled over since week 12. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to be on his back as mentioned above :)
This week Jackson has started doing this in his bumbo seat. Note to self...don't leave the room when in bumbo seat and definitely don't sit him up on an elevated surface when in bumbo seat!

Having fun with Daddy!
Standing up with Daddy
Yesterday was Walt's & my 6th wedding anniversary! So after work he brought home these beautiful flowers! I thank God daily for my wonderful husband and healthy, precious baby boy!
Jackson loves sitting in his Daddy's lap and listening to music on the computer
Jackson tried rice cereal for the first time today! It was messy, but he did great. I have also attached a video of the monumental event :)
Sweet face
Today was Jackson's first Easter! Unfortunately, we didn't go to church...long story. See bottom of post if interested :) Since I knew we weren't going to church, I did not get Jackson an Easter outfit. Especially since my sister, Michelle, had this precious outfit that one of her boys wore. So I got Jackson dressed up to take an Easter picture. I am not sure if he thought the outfit was too feminine for him, but he was not very cooperative!
-
Refusing to look at the camera
Still refusing to look at the camera
No dice...even on his tummy!
Not so much...
He graces me with a sweet profile...
"Ok, fine...I will look in your general direction, but that's as good as it gets!"
And finally...pouting! The end of the photo shoot!
I am not sure what was up with the collar...I guess I don't blame him for not cooperating :)
-
I attached 4 videos this week.
-
I thought this was cute...Jackson was swinging and having a great time, but he kept looking at me to make sure I was still there...


Jackson loves reading books...since I didn't have any pictures of me with him this week...I thought I would attach this video. Oh..and random, but I still have a bruise on my face..it is no longer yellow...it is now purple, but it has gotten smaller :)

Jackson has been "supportive" standing up for awhile now, but I realized I didn't have any pictures or video. So here he is!

Here is Jackson eating rice cereal for the first time. At first I thought he wasn't going to eat it, but then he got the hang of it. I am going to have to call up some of my friends who have babies around Jackson's age to get some pointers :)

Jackson's pediatrician suggested we not fly or leave Jackson in a nursery setting until after flu season (aka after Easter). And since we live so far away from family, Jackson has never been left with anyone. I know that he is almost 5 months old, but I can't stand the thought of me leaving him for the first time with someone who doesn't love him! So when we come home to Texas, I am going to make a point to leave Jackson with my mom while we are in Palestine. Then I am going to leave him in the nursery at my parent's church. They know people who work in the nursery...so it makes me feel better b/c I know they will tell me how he does. I am sure he will do great, but like I said, he has never been without Walt and / or I...so I just want to make sure he is ok! Then once we get back from Texas, we will be able to go back to church...I will be able to join MOPS and start BSF in the fall! Oh, and did I mention I am joining the Garden Club in my neighborhood! Completely laughable...I know nothing about the yard...Walt does it all, but apparently it's more of a social thing!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the rice cereal!!

    You always get so many great pictures of Jackson! He's so photogenic! Can't wait to hear about the gardening club-I'm sure you'll meet so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sit up pictures! And the garden club! And all I can say about the food is to be persistent, and it gets better :)

    ReplyDelete