Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

On the mend

As I mentioned in my last post, this week started off a little rough because Jackson's cold turned into a double ear infection. He was also teething so poor little guy did not feel good. But I think the antibiotics are working. He is no longer running fever and he seems to be doing better! We will go to the doctor this week to make sure the ear infection has cleared up since we fly out to Texas this upcoming Saturday! In the meantime, I now have Jackson's cold :) So hopefully we will both be 100% in time for Texas :)
-
Naturally Jackson likes to be wherever I am during the day...so here he is hanging out on the kitchen floor.
LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!
Thanks for everyone who prayed about Jackson's EEG. He did great! They let me hold him and he slept the whole time! We also saw the neurologist and she said his results were normal. I really felt like everything was going to be fine, but you always want to make sure. We don't take his health and good results for granted. Praise God!
-
They had to wash his hair afterwards because of the stuff they put in his hair. I do not carry around a brush in his diaper bag, but maybe I should :) When I was walking out with him, people kept saying..."look at that baby with curly red hair!"
As I mentioned in my last post, since Jackson has been sick, we haven't been working on his naps and have just been trying to help him get sleep. If he sleeps in his crib, he only sleeps 30 minutes, but if he falls asleep in the car...he will sleep well over an hour.
Such a sweet face!
I guess Jackson has recently discovered his tongue because he has been sticking it out a lot :)
He also sucks on his bottom lip a lot...he is definitely teething. We can see the tip of the tooth poking through.
Jackson with his Daddy!
Having fun!


We tried the pool again this week since Jackson has been feeling better and since it has been so hot outside. We eased him into it which also seemed to help!
-Bold
Hanging out in the pool with no water.
Hanging out in the pool with a little bit of water. Yes, he is just wearing his diaper...I wasn't sure how it was going to go over so I didn't want to go to the effort to get him in his bathing suit if he wasn't going to like it :)
Hanging out in the pool with even more water! Yes, he is wearing a onesie :) No real good reason why :)

Jackson has learned how to move forward. He isn't "crawling", but he is well on his way. He gets up on his hands and knees, moves his knees forward and then slides forward with his arms. So he can now intentionally get to something. Thankfully he isn't all over the place yet...so we still have time to babyproof the house!


Jackson has been "talking" more as evidenced by this video

Here are 2 videos of Jackson in the pool. The first video, Jackson is splashing. In the second video, he fell backwards and thought it was fun and was kicking his feet! Looks like he is now a fan of the pool! This is a good sign since we are going to the beach with my family a week from Monday!

Prayer Requests:

1. As Jackson gets better, we will try to get back on some sort of schedule with his sleeping. Please pray for us both during that transition process!

2. Jackson and I will be in Texas for a LONG time! We fly to Dallas on Saturday (12th) and my parents pick us up from the airport and we will go to Palestine. On Monday (14th), we will drive to Galveston for our annual beach trip and stay through the following Monday. Then back to Palestine we will go until Friday. Then on Friday (25th), my parents will take us to Arlington for Walt's sister's wedding. We will fly out early Sunday morning. Please pray for safe travelling, that Jackson's does well on the flights, that he handles it well being away for so long, that we stay healthy, and for our transition back to our lives when we get back :)

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE PRAYERS! PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN BE PRAYING FOR YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your posts!! You always have so many great pictures and videos!

    I can't believe how much he loves the water...most babies would be crying when the fall backwards into water but Jackson just kicks and laughs! Looks like you guys are going to have a great beach trip! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Jackson sleeping in his car seat with all of the toys around -- I love that! Too cute! Glad things went well with the doc. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for his good test results!! Loved our long talk last week:)

    ReplyDelete