Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

9 Months & a few steps!

Jackson had his 9 month appointment on Monday. The doctor said he was doing great!
-
His stats were as follows:
-
Height: 28inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 19lbs 3oz (30th percentile)
-
Unfortunately, it seems that Jackson picked up croup while we were at the doctor's office :( Poor guy! All I knew is that his cough sounded like a dog barking! It was horrible! I had no idea what it was though...somehow I missed the parenting 101 class that said if your child's cough sounds like a dog barking / seal...then they have croup!
-
Apparently Jackson's case was pretty bad, but the steroids the doctor prescribed are working great! I think they are messing with his sleep at night, but that will sort itself out once he gets off the medicine. Jackson is feeling so much better now!
-
BIG NEWS! Jackson took a few steps this week TWICE! I am sure that it will still be awhile before he is walking for good, but I wanted to document his first steps on the blog!
-
We have a tv in the playroom, but have yet to find the right piece of furniture to put it on.
Obviously, this isn't working! Although Jackson seems to like it!
Supposedly this "thing" helps babies transition into using a toothbrush. We'll see about that...seems like just one more thing for him to put in his mouth :)
Playing in the kitchen
Even though Jackson was pretty sick...he had some happy moments :)
Our sweet boy
On this particular day, Jackson was NOT feeling good. So I pulled the high chair into the playroom, turned on his praise DVD, gave him some Cheerio's and a sippy cup and one of his stuffed animals "Billy". Yes, Walt and I have named a few of his stuffed animals for simplicity sake. For example, he has 2 monkeys and we needed to be able to distinguish between the two...their names are Billy & Dougie :) I am sure Jackson will rename them once he gets older :)
Obviously our babyproofing could be improved :) Yes, he crawled under the gate and he is getting pretty fast at it! I will admit, I knew that Jackson "could" crawl under the gate when Walt installed it, but it wasn't feasible to put it any lower because of the moulding. I really didn't think that he "would" do it because although he fits...he has to do a lot of contorting to get through. Fortunately, he only does it when he drops something on the other side and wants it. So most of the time the gate serves its purpose :)
Love this picture! We were outside just for a little bit, but long enough for him to sweat and get this awesome hairstyle! Oh, and yes, that is a scratch on his nose...he was constantly scratching / rubbing his nose last week from the runny nose that he had with his cold.
I love the progression of these pictures.
-
Jackson: "What is this?"
Jackson: "Uh oh, I'm probably not supposed to be doing this!"
Jackson: "Who me? I am innocent! I'm not doing anything!"
Jackson: "Ok...I admit it! But I am super cute so it must be ok, right?"
Walt was hard at work this weekend! He did the yard, trimmed some trees, rented a jack hammer to bust up some concrete around this pole we wanted to get rid of...he even bought some wood & paint and is working on making a wood Texas flag for our deck. When he is done, I'll take a picture! Oh, and by the way, Jackson was fascinated with the jack hammer!
Yes, this is one of those bulb things for a baby's nose. No, we never used it for that purpose. Yes, we cleaned it anyways. Yes, Jackson loves chewing on it, but then again, he isn't that picky!
Look...no hands!
This is Jackson's other stuffed animal...name TBD. Walt & I haven't agreed on a name yet. Aunt Meredith & Aunt Michelle gave it to him before he was born! He loves stuffed animals. He kisses them a lot and loves on them. It is so sweet!
I have attached 2 videos. One is super long...I have got to get better at editing, but the 2nd video is short and super cute! So watch that one for sure!
-
Question: How long does it take to eat a Cheerio?
-
Answer: A long time! Usually Jackson attacks the Cheerio's, but he was more interested in getting his hands on the video camera.
-
Spoiler Alert: Yes, he does eventually eat not just one, but two Cheerio's!




Love this video! This is always Jackson's reaction to Daddy coming home from work! How could this not make your day?!?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jackson...already taking steps?! That's so impressive! The picture of him crawling under the gate is too funny! I love the video of him welcoming Walt home - you have one sweet boy on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia took two steps today, too! Of course I missed it, but Scott saw it. The gate crawling cracks me up, and the Walt video is adorable! I need to meet Jackson!

    ReplyDelete