Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Happy Boy

We had another great week with our sweet little boy! Walt was out of town this weekend so it was just Jackson and I. So I had to take him to church for the first time by myself. I usually make Walt do the pass off because I don't want Jackson to see me upset if he is getting upset. So today I had to put my brave face on. He was clinging to me (and Dougie) and he started to cry during the pass off, but fortunately they were able to distract him and he stopped before he could really start. When I went to pick him up...I couldn't believe it! He was on the floor playing with another baby...well, as much as babies can play together. Every other time we have picked him up, someone was holding him or pushing him around in a stroller. The nursery workers said he did great. They said he threw Dougie on the ground and started playing! Way to go, Jackson! Thank You, Lord for helping him!
-
This is what I get to see everyday...I am so blessed!
Jackson testing out his tamborine skills :)
On this particular day, I had put Jackson down for his 2nd nap in his crib, but as soon as I put him down, he had a dirty diaper. After changing him and the sheets, he was really wired and it was getting late in the day and I didn't want to put him down again in fear that he would cry for a long time. So I called my mom and she suggested we go on a walk and thankfully it worked :)
Sweet face
I love his expression...I just wish I knew what he was thinking...or maybe I don't :)
Care to take a guess on who taught him to do this? Yes, he is hitting himself in the head with a bowling pin and no, I didn't teach him!
Our walking boy!
multi-tasking...walking and drinking at the same time :)
Playing on the deck...Jackson's new favorite past-time!
I love it...he is constantly pointing out things and "telling" us about them
It was time for Jackson's nap when we left to pick up Walt at the airport. Fortunately, he fell asleep in the car and slept for about an hour. When Jackson woke up from his nap in the car, he was soooo excited to see his Daddy. He kept smiling at me and looking at me as if to say, "Can you believe it?" After going in the house, Walt and Jackson went in the playroom and I was messing around in the kitchen and I noticed that it was quiet in the playroom. I went and looked in there and this is what I saw. So precious!!! Do you think he missed his Daddy :) Oh, and yes, that is Dougie's tail sticking out from under Jackson :)
Walt had to water some things in the front yard and Jackson wanted to help :)
He was drenched and dirty
See how dirty his bottom is :)
So much fun to help Daddy in the yard! Notice the dirt ALL over his face!
Here is another video of Jackson walking. It is amazing...each day he gets better and better!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for playing at church! And the bowling pin thing is hilarious! Jackson is doing so good at walking, too! He's practically running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. henry, alice, and i enjoyed catching up on your blog yesterday morning. henry kept saying "jackston" and alice would wave at the videos and say "ja". jackson's cousins sure do love him!
    Thanks for all the pictures and always doing a good job keeping us updated on what's going on with you guys!

    ReplyDelete