Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Dillan Cade Louis and more...

I apologize for my extreme tardiness and the length of this post, but our internet hasn't been working. As most of you know, Dillan has arrived!!!! See below for the details...

As mentioned in my last post, my induction was scheduled for Monday (June 20th). My mom drove in on Thursday (June 16th). So we had a few days to prepare for Dillan's arrival which was nice.

Look at that sweet face!

I love his smile!
Walt's sister, Kate, puts together a Louis family calendar and Jackson LOVES looking at it.

This picture makes me laugh :)

Reading a book with Mommy...and Dillan :) Look at that big belly!

Jackson giving Walt his Father's Day gift! Walt is a wonderful father!

One last belly shot! I will spare you from the bare belly pictures that we also took. Let me assure you...my belly was HUGE! I doubled over from laughing so hard when I saw them.

Playing ball at the park...another picture showing Dillan and I in all our glory :)

I love this picture!

Another action shot :)

The last few months, Jackson has been going through a "mommy" phase. I am not sure if it was due to my growing belly and that Jackson sensed something was going on, but I was definitely concerned with how Jackson would do with me being in the hospital and not getting to see him much. God was so gracious! He worked out all of the logistics. We were able to see Jackson prior to going to the hospital on Monday and again that afternoon. Then Walt went home with him and put him to bed that night and then came back to the hospital. He did the same thing on Tuesday. So we were able to keep Jackson's life as normal as possible. He was definitely glad to see me when I got home...he hugged me for a long time. I think once he realized I wasn't going anywhere...he was fine. He has been doing great! Praise God!

On Monday, we got the call to go in at 7:30am to start the induction. Things happened a lot faster this time around. They started the pitocin and broke my water...and the rest is history :) The contractions picked up and I got the epidural around noon. They checked me soon after that and I was dilated 6cm. 30 minutes later I was 8cm. 15 minutes later I was fully dilated and ready to push, but the doctor was in surgery so I had to wait :) I started pushing around 1:30pm. The doctor wasn't sure I was going to be able to deliver Dillan since he was so big and since he had a big head and was also face up which apparently makes it harder. So I knew my work was cut out for me :) After an hour (vs. 30 minutes pushing with Jackson), Dillan Cade Louis was born at 2:31PM. He was 9lbs 9oz and 22 inches long. His head measured 37cm which is apparently big :)

Isn't he precious! At first we weren't sure who he looked like and of course it is so hard to tell with newborns, but now that the swelling had gone down...he definitely has similar features to his brother. Although as most of you know, he has dark blond hair vs. red and he might have blue eyes...again...a little bit too early to tell. I also think they might have different noses. Whoever he looks like, he is absolutely precious and we love him so much!

Dillan with his Daddy

Dillan and I...isn't my hair lovely :)

Jackson with his big brother gift...a book and a small stuffed animal. Jackson really didn't pay much attention to Dillan :)

Jackson and Walt

Jackson with his new kitty cat

Dillan

Our first family picture...not super great...we'll have to get another one soon. I also need to get some pictures of Jackson and Dillan.

Jackson kissing his brother. Now that we are home he is paying a little bit more attention to Dillan. He is very sweet. He gives him kisses and brings him his pacifier.

Jackson looking at Dillan

Sweet Dillan

Alex, Sam, and Addie came by to meet Dillan (Sam did not want in the picture)

My dad (aka Papa) and Jackson



I know I don't know much about basketball, but impressive form for a 19 month old :)

Jackson was very glad to see me. He hugged me for the longest time...which I needed as much as he did. I missed him so much, but am so thankful that my parents were able to stay with him and that Walt was able to be there most of the time.

My mom (aka Nonni) with Dillan

Papa and Jackson playing

Nonni and Dillan

Our sweet boys...Dillan

...and Jackson

Dillan sleeping








4 comments:

  1. Dillan is SO precious! I am so excited to see the pics! And you look great! I am so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the long post!! Dillan is adorable! I can't believe you are now a family of 4 :) That's great that Jackson is adjusting so well - and what a sweet picture of you two hugging when you got home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW, I loved this post and seeing all the sweet pictures.....Dillan is so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post and the pics!!! I can't believe you guys have two boys now! So crazy! I love the family pic of the 4 of you. So precious. Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete