Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

6 Months

Wow...it is hard to believe that our baby boy is 6 months old! We thank God daily for the blessing of Jackson! He is such a joy and we are so grateful to be his parents!
-
Jackson is finally starting to feel better from the cold / ear infection he picked up while in Texas. So we will be starting our "sleep training" this week to get back on track with his naps. I hate "sleep training"! Please say a prayer for both Jackson and I this week. Please pray that God gives me wisdom & guidance to do what's best for Jackson.
-
Jackson had his 6 month appointment on Thursday. The doctor says Jackson is doing great!!!!
Here are his stats:
* Weight - 16lbs 8oz (50th percentile)
* Length - 26.75 inches (50th percentile)
-
The doctor also suggested we start vegetables. As you can tell, Jackson was not very happy about it. See video at bottom of blog post. We started with green beans. He did ok at first. He would just make a face. But then he started gagging. So we waited a few days and tried squash. He went straight to gagging. So we mixed the vegetables with rice cereal (as suggested by the doctor)...again...gagging. So we are going to wait a week and try again. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to pass them along!
Jackson's cousin, Addie, had a birthday party. Jackson & I missed most of the party because Jackson was asleep in the car, but he woke up at the end to make an appearance. Addie was dressed like a beautiful princess!
Jackson with his Aunt Alex who also has red hair!
Jackson pushing up
Jackson sitting up
Jackson loves being outside. So we go on lots of walks. I put this hat on him to protect him from the sun. He actually wore it, but has now caught on to the fact that he can take it off :(
Quite the outfit...Jackson didn't seem to mind :)
So this is how I found Jackson! I had left the room momentarily and was in the adjacent room unloading the dishwasher. I realized it had gotten quiet and went to check on him. Needless to say I ran to him and discovered that he was secure enough to take a quick picture, but not secure enough to warrant unsupervised play time in his bouncy seat in the future! But on another note, we had to fill out a questionnaire for his 6 month appointment to assess his development. As indicated here, he did well in problem solving :)
Since Jackson was still not feeling 100% this week (i.e. recovering from ear infection and had to get his 6 month shots), he watched a lot of his praise dvd's!
Crazy "post nap" hair!
Here is part 2 of the outfit he got from his aunt Kate. Sleeveless onesies on babies crack me up! Since Jackson is so hot natured though...it was perfect!
He loves his fingers! He occasionally sucks on his thumb!
I should have seen this picture for what it was...foreshadowing! After this picture was taken, Jackson was watching one of his praise dvd's and once again, I was in the adjacent room putting up the laundry. I had assessed his surroundings and thought it was completely baby proof. Of course, I still peek in on him every couple of minutes and during one of my checks I notice him chewing on something!!! I am not sure if you can tell in this picture, but Jackson is looking at the bandaids on his legs from his shots. And yes, you guessed it. He had pulled it off and was chewing on it! Let's forget about the fact that it was a choking hazard...super disgusting!
Jackson still loves his lizard!
As I mentioned, Jackson loves being outside. So sometimes we will take a blanket and lay it in the yard. Fortunately, our trees provide pretty good shade! So we were sitting out in the yard playing while Daddy worked in the yard. It was great family time! See video below.
Our sweet boy


Walt got me these beautiful flowers for Mother's Day!
As most of you know, we have not been to church since Jackson was really little because the pediatrician recommend we wait to leave him in the nursery until after flu season. Well, flu season is over...but we went to Texas...then he was sick...and then this weekend...I guess we forgot to tell Jackson that we had church this morning! He went down for his morning nap and as most of you know he is famous for his 30 minute naps. As you might have guessed, Walt and I were dressed and ready to go and Jackson kept sleeping and sleeping...there was no way I was going to wake him up! It was awesome, but we missed church...AGAIN. Hopefully next week!!!! Maybe we will try the earlier service. But here is the picture Walt took of me with my sweet little boy! I am so thankful that I get to be his mother!
Here is Jackson's first taste of green beans. In this video, he doesn't seem thrilled, but he is eating it. So I was considering it a success...until you see the second video :)

Yes...Jackson is gagging...this is what he does when I try to feed him green beans or squash...even when I mix it with rice cereal. Then if I switch back to just the rice cereal...he still gags until he finally figures out that I am feeding him something different...but sometimes he shuts down and quits eating. So I have decided to try again in a week because I don't want to push the issue and create negative experiences for him. Please feel free to offer any suggestions!

Jackson dancing / jumping...can't you tell he is about to go to bed :)

Jackson playing outside

Jackson sitting up

2 comments:

  1. I love the new header picture!!

    The picture of Jackson coming out of his bouncer makes me laugh - I found Evie like that once too!!

    He's getting so big - I can't believe he can sit and push up!

    ReplyDelete