Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Toys, New Outfit, New Friend...

Jackson had a fun week. Since he is getting older, he is losing interest in some of the toys he usually plays with. So we got him a couple of 6 month plus toys to see what his interests are.
-
Based on this picture, apparently he is interested in boxes!
Guess I didn't need to buy any toys...just get him a couple of boxes :)
Yes, Jackson is playing in a pool inside. And yes, there is a reason! I initially got him the pool for the typical reason of filling it with water and playing outside on a hot summer day. But after Walt blew it up, we put Jackson in it just for kicks. I quickly realized that it was good to have inside since Jackson isn't crawling yet. It enables him to move around within the pool and all of his toys stay within his reach.
Here is Jackson playing with his new toy.
Apparently I am hilarious :)
Jackson is such a sweet boy!
Yes, Jackson actually wears clothes besides pajamas :)
I love this expression! We think he is teething!
Jackson was watching his praise DVD. "Mom, not now please. I'm busy!"
Impressive, if I do say so myself :)
Jackson has some growing to do to catch up with his Daddy:)
-
On a side note, we are turning our "formal" living room into a playroom. We aren't done yet, but we have started with the floor tile.
Jackson loves his Daddy! He always gets so excited when he sees him!
Jackson got this outfit from Nonni. As usual, Jackson did not want to cooperate with the photo shoot.

Jackson & I
This is Jackson's inquisitive look.
Jackson got to meet his new friend, Sutton. Isn't he precious!!!! Sutton's parents moved to North Carolina around the same time as Walt & I. Ben, Sutton's dad, and Walt went to high school together. And I love his wife, Andrea! I feel like I have known her forever! Even though we don't live that close to each other, it has been so nice having someone going through similar experiences.
Ben, Andrea, & Jackson
-
Although you can't necessarily tell from this picture, Jackson LOVES Andrea! He wishes we lived closer to them, too!
Jackson laughing at his mommy!

Here is Jackson playing with his new toy. He caught on quick!

Jackson playing in his exersaucer

Prayer Request Update:

1. Sleep training - thank you so much for the prayers! We have had more successes lately. My sister, Meredith, suggested that we try transitioning to 2 naps / day vs. 3 naps. That has worked out really well! Jackson still has days where he takes 3 naps, but since he is such an active boy this seems to work better for him. We still have some kinks to work out, but we have made a lot of progress by the grace of God!!!

2. Jackson's eating has also improved! My mom suggested introducing fruit. We started with apple sauce and he gagged initially so I began mixing it with his oatmeal to see if he would eat it. He has been eating the apple sauce / oatmeal combination and he is doing great. And yesterday we introduced bananas. He made a face, but didn't gag. So that is definite progress!!!

3. We went to church today and left Jackson in the nursery. I prayed a lot about it ahead of time and tried to explain the situation to the nursery workers. Once again, he didn't cry when we left, but I decided to go back at 10 minutes to make sure he wasn't crying. I wasn't going to look in because I didn't want him to see me and get upset. So I stood by the door and no crying!!! They didn't call us, but I left the service as soon as the sermon was over. Apparently, he did cry and was crying when I stopped by at 10 minutes, but they had taken him outside to try and distract him! So much for my great idea to check on him! They were about to call me when he stopped crying. The lady was still holding him when we got there! So Jackson was that child that all nursery workers dread :( My poor baby and the poor nursery worker! She was really nice about it though and said that it is normal and that he will do better each time!

4. Jackson is truly the sweetest, happiest little boy! But...he is showing that he is also quite capable of throwing a fit! The nursery lady even said that she wasn't sure if it was the red hair, but that when he gets mad, it happens quick! I obviously realize that he is really young, but I also realize that soon the "real" parenting responsibilities begin! And that is daunting! I so desparately want to teach him to become a strong man of God who truly loves the Lord with all of his heart! So please pray that God would help Walt and I grow stronger in Him so that we can be good examples for Jackson and also be well equipped to teach Jackson about God and to discipline him to be a sweet & loving boy but at the same time preserving all the wonderful qualities that make Jackson unique and a fun, active little boy! In the meantime, I will keep telling him that we don't act that way...who knows when he will actually understand what I am saying :)

1 comment:

  1. Jackson is so adorable, and these pictures are great! Glad the sleeping & eating are going better, and glad y'all got to go to church! I bet Jackson will get used to the nursery soon and even have fun there!

    ReplyDelete