Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Feeling Better...Again!

Jackson is feeling better this week and took his last dose of steroids on Monday...thank goodness! They made him wake up 2-3 times at night and get up at 5AM! He is almost 100%! However, he is teething...he has 2 more teeth coming in on top!
-
This week Jackson has started standing from a sitting position! We also think he is signing "more", but it is really just clapping. So although not technically correct it is helpful if I am fixing the rest of his food...I hear the clapping and I know he wants more of whatever he is eating! He might have waved "all done" a few times, but we aren't certain. But he is starting to wave "bye bye"...just not very consistently :) If you ask Jackson if he wants to read a book...he crawls (practically dives) into your lap! He has been doing that for awhile now, but I think it is so sweet! It seems like every week he is doing more things!
-
As you can see...we still have yet to put this edging around the fireplace...Jackson doesn't seem to mind!
I took this picture to show the curls at the back of Jackson's hair. We were in the store the other day and I heard someone laughing...they said...look at his hair...it's straight in the front and curly in the back!
Jackson loves it when you throw pillows at him...guess who came up with that game...Walt, of course!
Look mom...one leg!
I know this picture is fuzzy...but it shows the pure joy on his face!
Jackson loves playing with the rings you use to attach toys to things.
Jackson also loves crawling underneath our dining room chairs. He will throw things under the chair and then crawl under the chair and get it. Then he throws it back out, but hasn't successfully figured out how to consistently crawl back out. So I "rescue" him a lot!


Love his sweet face!
Jackson likes playing with his phone!
Jackson also loves sitting on his Daddy's shoulders!

I hate that this picture isn't more clear!
Good times!
Last week I told ya'll about Walt's project to make a wood Texas flag. Here is the finished product! I love it! Walt did a great job!
Up close
It even matches our adirondack chairs!


Jackson is getting really good on the walker. He will stop and let go and start walking on his own, but he usually trips on the wheels.





Jackson is such a loving and sweet little boy. He gives lots of kisses to Walt and I, stuffed animals, books, himself in the mirror...and apparently even blankets!

Jackson caught in action! He is now crawling under the gate just because he wants to. Walt got this video, but now we are telling him no. I feel like we have turned a corner this week and that the word "no" is becoming much more frequent! I hate it! A few times this week I sternly told him no and his whole face crumpled up and he started crying! It broke my heart! But no worries...I know it must be done, but he is still my baby and it hurts my heart, but I know that in the long run it is good for him. But disciplining is hard...especially in public! But it's all part of being a parent...but since we are rookies...we are trying to figure it out! Just don't tell Jackson that!

2 comments:

  1. Jackson's top teeth make him look like a big boy! And your porch looks great! Glad y'all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Jackson is feeling better! What sweet pictures of him riding on his Daddy's shoulders! I love the finished decorated deck...so cute! Great job Walt!

    ReplyDelete