Aiden Alexander Louis was born on Thursday, December 6th, 2012 at 2:25PM.
Although they initially thought he was going to be big, he was my smallest baby weighing in at 8lbs even (75th percentile). He was 21.5 inches long and his head was 39cm(?)...both in the 95th percentile. And crazily, he was born with red hair like his big brother, Jackson! We are so incredibly grateful that God has blessed us with this precious boy!
I went in to the hospital the night before to start cervadil to soften my cervix in preparation for the induction the next day. Walt stayed behind so he could put the boys to bed and joined me later. My mom kept me company until Walt came. It was a very restless night because Aiden was such a mover that if I didn't lay in this one position, they would lose his heart rate. So if I drifted off to sleep, they would come in to try and find it again. The next morning they started the pitocin. When my doctor arrived, I was barely dilated, but he was able to break my water in an attempt to speed things along (I had A LOT of fluid). For a moment, things got a little scary because Aiden's head went back up and his hands were in front of his head which meant a c-section. But praise God, they waited a few minutes to see if Aiden would get back in the right position and he did. Labor was very similar to Jackson's in that I was not progressing quickly until I got the epidural. It was almost as if the pitocin was making the contractions so intense, that I was not relaxing enough between the contractions to dilate. After I got the epidural, they checked me shortly after and I was 6cm. I was thinking I had awhile longer so I called my mom to check on the boys and let her know. I literally hung up the phone and a minute later, something changed :) I paged the nurse and she checked me and confirmed I was 10cm and told me to do everything I could to keep my legs together and not push until the doctor arrived :) Let's just say I was glad when he showed up. Two pushes later and our sweet Aiden arrived!
-
Aiden was not a happy camper initially :( Maybe he was thinking his mom had crazy hair. I see those pictures of women with their babies after giving birth and their hair is perfectly in place and they are glowing. I have never had such pictures. I am always a mess after the fact. Oh well, who cares! I am just so thankful to have had 3 healthy baby boys.
Aiden with his Daddy
I wish I would have done a better job documenting the boys meeting Aiden. I meant to get a video and get more pictures, but to be honest, I was just so glad to see Jackson and Dillan and spend some time with them.
-
Dillan looking at Aiden and holding Walt's hand
Jackson holding Aiden
Sweet face
First bath...Aiden was not a fan. He HATES being cold. Now that his umbilical cord has fallen off and he can take a real "bath" so I can keep him warmer....he does a lot better.
I love this face!
Walt with Jackson & Dillan
Look how long & skinny he is :)
I love his precious little hand on his face
Aiden with Nonni
Aiden asleep on his Daddy...must have been having a good dream :)
This is the picture that I used for his birth announcement / Christmas card
My sisters got Jackson and Dillan these really cool balloons that were life-size Mickey Mouse and Elmo as big brother gifts. The boys loved them and had a blast playing with them.
Here is another picture of our precious new addition.
My heart is overflowing with love for my 3 precious gifts from God!




























No comments:
Post a Comment