Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas and more...

Here are some pictures from the rest of the month of December.
-
I thought this picture showed how long & lean Aiden is :)
Walt, Jackson, and Dillan eating some popcorn...a frequent occurrence at our house
My mom came up right before Aiden was born and stayed a week after he was born.  My dad came up for a few days in the middle.  Then Walt's parents came in town.  We are so blessed to both have supportive families that are willing to come so far...especially around Christmas time when things are so busy.
-
Aiden with Mrs. Louis (aka Pat Pat)
Aiden having tummy time with his Daddy :)

Dillan with Mr. Louis (aka Paw Paw)
I have tried getting a picture of the 3 boys together...almost impossible :)

Sweet Dillan
A half smile from our sweet Aiden...look closely to see the red hair :)
Jackson and Dillan...they almost look the same size in this picture because Dillan is sitting up straight and Jackson is bending down to put his arm around Dillan.  This picture is after our Christmas Eve service at church.  We attempted a family picture with our automatic timer, but they were all horrible.
Poor Aiden was not happy about our attempt at a brothers picture.  Both Jackson and Dillan express their concern :)

Jackson trying to keep Dillan in the chair for the picture
Jackson putting out the cookies for Santa Claus (and baby Jesus).  We made cookies earlier in the day.  I told him they were for Jesus' birthday and to leave out for Santa Claus.  So when we were picking out the cookies he wanted to leave for Santa, he also picked one for baby Jesus :)
The boys stockings
Our Christmas tree
What Santa brought for Dillan...blocks and a toiletry bag
What Santa brought for Jackson...a soccer goal and a toiletry bag
Christmas morning
The boys looking through their stockings
After having our own little family Christmas, Walt's parents and his sister, Alex, and her family came over and had brunch, Christmas, and then a late lunch.  I wish I had pictures to share, but the lighting on all of those pictures were horrible.  Better luck next year :)
Aiden in the snowman costume

Bright eyes

Such a sweet face
Jackson woke up from his nap...only to fall back asleep on the couch.  Christmas time can be exhausting :)

I have tried nursing with all 3 of my children, but have had issues each time.  I made it to 6 months with Jackson before drying up....2 months with Dillan....and I am barely hanging on with Aiden.  I am having to supplement more and more :(
-
Jackson feeding Aiden

Jackson loves holding his baby brother
Sweet face

Walt, Jackson, and Aiden
...and then there is Dillan :)  
He is nice to Aiden, but does not pay much attention to him.  He tries to pat him gently or at least as gently as Dillan can be :)  But that is about it :)
It is not uncommon for Dillan to be running around in only his diaper.  He is a messy eater and we usually have to take his clothes off after he eats even when he is wearing a bib :)
Jackson and Dillan hard at work :)
Sweet Dillan
Jackson


Aiden having some awake time

Jackson "playing" with Aiden

More pictures of sweet Aiden




I love those cheeks!

I know I keep saying it...but look at that sweet face!
Ok, so here comes the randomness :)
-
In December, Dillan had his 18 month appointment.  Here are his stats.
Height:  34.5 inches (95th percentile)
Weight:  29.8lbs (90th percentile)
Head Circ:  50cm (95th percentile)
Dillan is a lot of fun to be around.  You cannot be around him and not laugh.  It is hard to explain, but he is just fun to watch.  Don't get me wrong, he has his moments.  He can throw a fit like I have never seen, but he is also a fun-loving and happy little boy.  He is starting to talk more and it seems like he has a new word every day.  I think his first sentence was "I want that" :)  Dillan pretty much runs everywhere he goes.  There is very little walking involved :)  I guess that also explains why he is such a good sleeper.  Although he is an early riser like his older brother, he still takes 2 naps.  Sometimes he won't fall asleep, but he will happily lay / sit in his crib resting.  He rarely cries for me to come and get him.  I finally just go in and get him once I know he has been up for awhile.
-
Jackson is also a lot of fun to be around.  He is such a joyful, exuberant little boy.  He also has a lot of energy.  He just loves life and gets so excited about things.  He is also quite the talker.  He likes to ask about your day at the dinner table.  He also says some of the cutest things.  I just wish I was good about writing them down because I forget them.  
Here are a couple of things:
1) "Mommy, you're my best cooker ever....you're my friend." All of this while giving me a "special" hug (that is what he calls it).  Keep in mind he doesn't necessarily have to say this after he has eaten, but sometimes he does and it is usually after making him cereal or a bagel.  Fortunately, he is not a tough critic :)
2)  I wish I could tell you about each of his sweet prayers.  He learned a prayer that was a song at our church called "God our Father" and for awhile he sang that before we ate dinner.  I tried to capture it on video a few times, but he always heard me turn on the recorder and would stop.  It was the cutest thing ever.  Now when it is time to pray, he will say "God our Father" is over and then proceed to say a prayer that usually involves some of the following statements...please help us have a great day, thank you that we get to go to school tomorrow (no matter what day it is), in Jesus name I pray...Amen.
-
There are so many more....I just wish I could think of them.  I will have to get better at jotting them down.
-
This has been a year filled with blessings.  Walt and I are so grateful for our 3 healthy boys and pray that God would guide us in all things concerning them so that they will grow to become strong men of God that love Him, serve Him, and glorify Him.
-
I wish everyone a blessed 2013!

1 comment:

  1. enjoyed catching up on your pictures. aiden is such a precious baby and jackson and dillan are getting so old!! i know you are doing such a great job with all of them!

    ReplyDelete