Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rolling over, Hair Issues, & Snow

This was a big week for Jackson! He rolled over from his stomach to his back three days in a row. Again, I know it is by accident, but on the third day I thought I would try to capture it on video just in case he did it again. So I grabbed the video camera and put him on his stomach. But before I could pick up the camera and hit record, he had already done it! And he has not rolled over since. I guess it isn't as much fun to him if I am going to try to capture it on video!
-
Here are some cute pictures of him having tummy time!


Jackson has also had some hair issues this week :) Here he is after his bath. We wonder if he is going to have curly hair like his mommy :)
Jackson is also working on creating a bald spot :) Like a lot of babies, he rubs his head back & forth and therefore creating this beautiful look!
Jackson & I
We also had our first "winter" weather in Charlotte. Here is our house. As a side note, our roof has had several leaks and we are going to have to get a new roof. Since we are getting a new roof, we are going to take the opportunity to paint the exterior of our house and change it from the "beautiful" brown color that it currently is! Wish us luck on picking out a color! It is such a big decision...it makes me nervous!
Here is the sidewalk to the front door.
Here is our deck in the back.
Here is a view of the back of our house.
Another view of our backyard.
Since this was Jackson's first snow, Walt tried to build a snow man and we were going to take a picture of Jackson next to it. But the snow was really more like ice which made the snow man idea not possible :)
As you can tell, Jackson wasn't all that impressed with the snow. But we took pictures anyway to memorialize the event!

As I mentioned above, when I tried to capture Jackson rolling over on video, it did not work. So here he is after he had just rolled over. I tried putting him down again, but it seems like he can only do it when he is well rested :) As I am writing this blog, Jackson is trying to roll over from his back to his stomach. He can make it on his side and he keeps trying to go all the way and he is getting frustrated. I got some video and will post on next week's blog.

Here is another video of Jackson on his gym mat. I had gone downstairs to get something when I heard a noise. Somehow Jackson had managed to turn on the music (I guess he kicked it) and he had taken down the monkey from the gym mat. As you can tell, he couldn't decide between the playing with the giraffe and getting his hand in his mouth. Warning: this is a long video. I am sorry, but I just couldn't make myself edit it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment