I know I have the tendency to do really long blogs, but hopefully I will never have another post as long as this one :) I blame it on the fact that Jackson has had an ear infection for 4 weeks...I was busy getting ready for our trip to Texas 4 weeks ago...then we were in Texas for 2 weeks...and then last week we were trying to settle back in. Needless to say...I will be astonished if anyone actually makes it through this entire post!
-
So here is a recap of the last 4 weeks!
-
Week 1:
I thought Jackson's ear infection was getting better. Well, I was wrong! It flared up again right before we left for Texas. Thankfully I took him to the pediatrician and we started another round of anti-biotics. Other big news that week...Jackson officially started crawling and saying "mama". See videos attached at the end of this post.
-
Jackson definitely has some wave / curl in his hair :)
Funny Face
Week 2:Jackson & I flew to Texas. My parents picked us up & took us to Palestine. We stayed there a couple of days before driving to Galveston for our annual family beach trip! Jackson started crawling more proficiently and began pulling up! We also had to go to Urgent Care and get more anti-biotics for that nasty ear infection that just wouldn't go away. In addition, he had 2 more teeth trying to come in!
-
Jackson did great on the flight to Texas.
Jackson did great on the flight to Texas.
Excited to be at Nonny's & Papa's
My mom got this book of babies for Jackson. He loved it! He would kiss the babies every time you turned the page!
Sweet boy!
Here is Jackson right after we got to the beach! Looks like he likes the beach air!
We took Jackson to the beach for the first time (please ignore all the nasty sea weed)! He loved it!
We ditched his clothes so he could really get a good experience :)
Love this expression!
Such a sweet picture of my boys!
"Mom...it's hot. Why am I wearing a long sleeve shirt?"
Walt's sister, Mary Pat, and her husband, Ryan, and their super cute daughter, Evie, came up from Houston. It was so fun to see them! Such a cute family!
Jackson having fun! Hard to miss that red hair!
Walt & I
Our family
Jackson & I
Jackson's beach hair :)
Jackson wasn't sure about crawling in the sand as you can tell by his face!
Looks like he is getting used to the sand! Still rocking the beach hair!
My parents got a baby pool for Jackson to play in! He loved it!
Kicking & Splashing
Walt had to fly out on Father's Day. Before he left, Jackson gave him his card & gift! Walt is such a wonderful dad! Jackson loves his Daddy!
My mom took a picture of all of the grandchildren.
Our family
We went to lunch with our family, but cut it short because our little guy was wiped out!
We had a wonderful time with our family at the beach. If I had been more timely in posting, I would have attached pictures of people besides Jackson!!! Oh well...maybe next year :)-
Week 3:
After the beach we drove back to Palestine. Walt had to go back to work, but Jackson and I stayed in Texas because Walt's sister was getting married the following weekend. I don't have a lot of pictures because Jackson's ear infection flared up again that Friday, but I am going to try and track some down and post them later this week.
-
My mom with Jackson. Jackson always looks away at the last minute!
Jackson loved my parents pool.
My best friend, Jennifer, and one of her boys, Luke, drove to Palestine one day to come hang out. It was so fun catching up with them! Again, Jackson not looking at the camera!
Jackson with my grandmother on my dad's side.
Jackson pulling up...I was unsuccessfully trying to get out of the picture.
Jackson loving on my dad...so sweet!
We had a wonderful trip to Texas...we were busy, busy, busy with our families. Hopefully we will have some free time the next time we come to Texas so that we can meet up with our dear friends that we miss so much!-
Week 4:
Although we loved being in Texas with our family, it was good to come back home to get back into the swing of things. Unfortunately, Jackson's ear is still infected. So they gave him a shot of anti-biotics 3 days in a row and it still didn't clear up the infection. So we were referred to an ENT and he recommended tubes. So Jackson will be getting tubes as soon as we can get it scheduled. Poor guy! Despite his ear infection...Jackson is everywhere! First thing on our to do list...BABYPROOF!
-
Jackson loves chewing on / sucking on our clothes. Should I be concerned :) I hope it is a teething thing. I am trying to get him to stop, but he just couldn't help himself...my maxi dress was too tempting.
When I said he is everywhere...unfortunately I meant it!
He thinks he is hot stuff...which of course he is :)
Jackson waiting on Daddy to get home from workBeginning Crawling
Fun in the baby pool
Fun in the big pool
Johnny Jump Up
Advanced Crawling :)











of course i read the whole post- i look forward to the updates! so many sweet pics of jackson! and i love jackson's "mama" and he is such a good crawler! house looks great, too!
ReplyDeleteI read the whole thing, too! I've been waiting on an update! Jackson's little dance in the mama video is so cute! And your house looks good! Glad y'all had a good trip! Praying for Jackson's ears, too.
ReplyDeleteI agree, I love the updates! Jackson is such a sweet boy - even in the midst of feeling bad!! Evie and I had a great time watching all of Jackson's videos.
ReplyDeleteIt was great getting to see you guys so much over the past month!