It is hard to believe that the month of January is almost over. Aiden went to his 1 month appointment at the beginning of January and is quickly approaching the 2 month mark. He just turned 7 weeks old on Thursday. He is a precious baby boy! Unfortunately, he is not always the happiest baby :( It breaks my heart because I don't know what is causing his "unhappiness". He is on 2 different reflux medicines, but I really haven't noticed his fussiness getting any better. So we have stopped the medicine because the doctor said if we did not notice an improvement...to take him off the medicine. Hopefully, the medicine was not doing anything because I would hate for him to be more uncomfortable. Please don't get me wrong. We have very sweet moments with Aiden. There are just some times when he is really fussy and we can't seem to help him. I know this is just part of being a newborn, but he is my baby and it hurts my heart. Hopefully we will either identify the issue soon or he grows out of it soon. Here are his one month stats.
Height: 22.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 9lbs 9oz (25th percentile)
Head: 39.4cm (90th percentile)
-
Also this month, I did a last ditch effort to try and save my milk supply and I went to the lactation consultant. She was very sweet and said that unfortunately I just needed to face the reality that I was drying up and there was nothing that could be done to stop it. Right after that, Aiden got Jackson's and Dillan's cold and that put an end to nursing as he was refusing to nurse and even when he took the bottle he only took an ounce. The doctors said if it got worse, he was going to have to be hospitalized for dehydration. So I was actually relieved to be able to see how much he was getting since he would only take the bottle. It was so sad to see him sick! I have never seen a newborn with a runny nose and a cough. Thankfully he is over the cold, but it was an "experience" to have all 3 sick at once. Jackson had a true 10 day cold with a runny nose, cough and fever. Dillan never ran fever and his did not last as long, but he had a nasty cough and had to be put on steroids and an anti-biotic to fight off an ear infection. And as I mentioned, Aiden was battling dehydration. I had to take all 3 to the doctor's office when I was getting Dillan and Aiden checked out and the doctor looked at me and asked me with quite the sympathetic expression, "Do you have any help at home (i.e. nanny / babysitter)?" To which I replied, "No." She said, "Bless your heart. You are doing a great job, but I don't know how you do it. I wish I could take one of them for a few days to help you out." I guess we made quite the impression...to be honest....I thought we were managing quite well. No one had a meltdown and everyone was behaving and they weren't running around like crazy. It was actually quite controlled :) I guess she was just commenting on having 3 little ones 3 and under. I will say it is quite the endeavor to get all of us out the door, but I would not have it any other way. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with these 3 precious boys and I cherish the time I am getting to spend with them. Because I know all too well, that one day they won't want to have much to do with their mommy :( Until then, I am laying on the kisses and hugs :)
-
Dillan has discovered the ipad. He loves it! This was very helpful when he was sick and not feeling well. However, now that he is feeling better and we are limiting his access...he is not a fan :)
My dad got Jackson some construction gear since he is always helping Walt with projects. He left it here for him to open on one of those days :) So I brought it out when Jackson was sick and it was a BIG hit!!!
We spent a lot of time in our pajamas when everyone was sick :)
Dillan riding the zebra he got for Christmas
My little handyman :)
Sweet Aiden
Aiden hanging out on his Daddy's shoulder. This is one of his preferred positions. In the first month, Aiden loved being held in the sling which was incredibly helpful so that I could still use my hands, but now he is not a fan and prefers this. Too bad the sling can't help with this position :)
I LOVE his sweet face!
Dillan is still taking 2 naps / rest a day. So Jackson and Aiden get to spend some time together. Jackson LOVES Aiden and is very sweet to him and is a great helper! Aiden likes him, too and usually has a smile for Jackson. He has just recently really started to smile.
Jackson and Dillan having a snack after their naps > note the bed head :)
Speaking of bed head :) Dillan's hair can get out of control! Especially when he needs a hair cut!
Combed hair :)
He still has some curls :)
Aiden is having more awake time and is really starting to look around.
Ok...this is a horrible picture of me, but this is the reality folks :) Sheer exhaustion + crazy hair (you see where Dillan gets it from) + sweet precious baby with 2 amazing older brothers = one tired, but very happy mommy
I have a hard time getting a picture of Jackson and Dillan together and this is no exception. Dillan had been crying...I think because I would not let him play with the ipad :) but I think they are still sweet pictures. Obviously they antagonize each other at times, but they also have a lot of fun together and love each other so much. Jackson calls Dillan..."my buddy D."
Jackson loves necklaces. What's not to like?!? Dillan never finished "making" his necklace from Jackson's birthday party so Jackson was finishing it for him.
Dillan only gets his pacifier at nap time or when circumstances warrant an exception (i.e. being sick, teething, if it is past his nap time because of something we are having to do, etc.). This is why you will see his pacifier in a lot of the pictures since he was sick. We are starting to get back to normal and limit his paci usage :)
My dad got this lizard for Jackson when he was a baby and I have no idea why...but the boys LOVE it. He also got them a pink frog that is similar which they also LOVE, but it recently got ruined :(
Dillan feeding the lizard. Usually we don't have toys when we eat, but he was sick and he had just woken up and we were about to have to go pick Jackson up from church...so I let is slide :)
Aiden still uses the pacifier some, but his preference is his thumb when he can find it.
I believe this is the definition of PRECIOUS!
I rest my case....
LOVE HIM!
I could not resist taking a picture of those cute little legs! Yes, I put socks on under his pajamas :) I don't want his feet getting cold!
Jackson and Dillan sporting their necklaces :)
Another picture of sweet Aiden
It was cold and a bit icy on Friday so we could not go outside. So we built a tent under our dining room table.
Dillan found the construction hat and goggles and had to put them on :)
I have had a hard time capturing Aiden's sweet smile on camera...here are several attempts :)
We are so blessed to have another little boy in our lives! My heart is filled with love for my 3 boys!!!!




























































Glad everyone is feeling better!! Your boys are so handsome! Loved seeing the ones of Aiden mixed into the post too. My favorites are the one of him smiling and the ones of him asleep & sucking his thumb. He's adorable!!
ReplyDeletelots of great pictures! we love you guys!
ReplyDelete