As most of you know, Jackson is named after his uncle Jack. So it was a very special weekend when we took our first family road trip to Birmingham, AL for Jack's wedding. On October 9, 2010, Jack married Leigh Kimbrough. She is the perfect addition to an already incredible family. I feel so blessed to be a part of the Louis family and I am so glad that Leigh is now a part of it, too!
-
We drove down on Thursday after Walt got off work. We left around 5PM and arrived in Birmingham 7 hours later. Jackson did pretty good. He slept most of the way there, but I will definitely say that our car dvd player purchase was a wise investment :)
-
On Friday, Jackson and I hung out at the hotel while Walt played golf. Here are some pics from hanging out in the hotel room.
-
Jackson eating in the hotel room. I moved the chair away from the couch after this pic :)
He looks like such a big boy!
Playing with mama's shoes :)
Who knew shoes could be this much fun :)
Jackson and I met up with everyone for the rehearsal dinner. As you can see by the string of pictures, it was way past Jackson's bedtime and so he was asleep most of the rehearsal dinner. Despite his smushed face, Jackson was out cold :)
These pics are a little out of order...this was taken right after Jackson fell asleep.
From L-R (Rebekah and Margaret who was also sleeping, Jackson & I, Evie and Mary Pat)
For those of you who don't know, Mr. Louis, Walt, and his brothers always put together a little performance at the rehearsal dinner. This year's performance included fake mustaches, sunglasses, and courduroy jackets.
One of Walt's poses
On Saturday, Walt had to leave around 10:30AM. So Jackson and I hung out at the hotel once again. Then we met up with the family for a family wedding picture. Here is Jackson with his Daddy. If he has a choice, that is who he wants to be with these days.
My handsome boys!
Jackson & I...he was not so happy at the moment which is why Dougie is also pictured :)
Jackson with Jack...as you can see he is going through that stage where he doesn't want anyone to hold him but mommy & daddy...so this was the only picture I could get before he lost it. The only exception was his uncle Tom....maybe it is the red hair connection :) I figure there must be something about Tom that reminds Jackson of Walt.
Jackson playing in the grass
Since all of the cousins were together, we took advantage of the opportunity and tried to take a cousin picture. Which is easier than it sounds. These pics are out of order. In this picture, Jackson is waving "all done".
In this picture, you can see how thrilled Jackson is with the situation :)
Here is one of the cousin pictures. As you can imagine, it is hard to get a good picture of 12 children.
Mr. and Mrs. Jack Louis
Wow...these pictures really are out of order. Here is a sibling picture taken before the wedding. From L-R (Tom, Walt, Ross, Jack, Alex, Kate, and Mary Pat)
Walt and I at the wedding. The Kimbroughs were so generous and provided us with babysitters during the reception. So I was able to put Jackson to bed at a house within walking distance of the reception.
Rebekah and I at the wedding
Jackson and Walt on the way back to the hotel after the wedding :)
It was such a beautiful wedding and we wish Jack and Leigh the best as they return from their honeymoon and start their life in Paris! Yes, that is right...Paris. Jack has been working in Paris and Leigh is joining him when they get back from their honeymoon. It will be so exciting to see what God has in store for them!
Mr. and Mrs. Jack Louis
Wow...these pictures really are out of order. Here is a sibling picture taken before the wedding. From L-R (Tom, Walt, Ross, Jack, Alex, Kate, and Mary Pat)
Walt and I at the wedding. The Kimbroughs were so generous and provided us with babysitters during the reception. So I was able to put Jackson to bed at a house within walking distance of the reception.
Jackson and Walt on the way back to the hotel after the wedding :)
It was such a beautiful wedding and we wish Jack and Leigh the best as they return from their honeymoon and start their life in Paris! Yes, that is right...Paris. Jack has been working in Paris and Leigh is joining him when they get back from their honeymoon. It will be so exciting to see what God has in store for them!




The last picture of Walt and Jackson sleeping is adorable! I'm glad you thought to take a picture of Jackson and Jack together!!
ReplyDelete